Sunday, August 13, 2006

New Logo



Use it in good health.

This new logo is making the rounds and Rob Davis added the Hebrew abbreviation for "With God's Help.

As Rob explains:


I thought carefully about the logo. It is a great idea (and a great bit of graphics). But it needed to recognize that this will not happen, as it says in this week's Torah reading, 'by my strength and by the power of my arm'.

I thought of putting B"H - meaning 'Be'Ezrat HaShem' - With G-d's help - but decided that it would be confused with 'Baruch HaShem' - Blessed is G-d - which would be COMPLETELY wrong in this context.

So I said 'Im Yirtseh HaShem' which means 'If it is G-d's will'. And that is really what I mean. The call 'G-d is on our side' is used by all sides in all wars. But what is important is that G-d decides, on the basis of His judgment of the participants. We cannot blindly say that we will merit G-d's help. By our behavior, we have to earn it.

So, I say again - 'We Will Win - if it is G-d's will'.

Where we need G-d's help is in improving our own actions and our interactions with each other, so that we merit His help.

2 comments:

mnuez said...

I don't get the mnemonic. Shouldn't that be an Aleph?

logo Design said...

I was studying some of your content on this website and I believe this web site is very informative ! Continue posting

Logo Design