Monday, August 14, 2006

Remember Olmert's Promise to Continue Convergence?

From the press conference yesterday:

Q: I would like to ask Javier Solana. I think that you have mentioned in Ramallah today that European Union is working on a plan to reach to a comprehensive peace or any kind of talking which includes other parties who are in conflict right now, in the region. Can you elaborate on this and have you mentioned this plan before?

Javier Solana: What I have said, and what I keep saying and I keep saying, and you will hear me repeating that over and over and over again, is what you read in the resolution in the penultimate paragraph. When you read the resolution, not the last paragraph, but the one before, it talks about peace in the Middle East. It is necessary to have an approach now, which is comprehensive and it looks also, in a very direct manner to the Palestinian and Israeli conflict. That is very clearly stated in the resolution, and I will repeat that very many times, because I believe in it.

No comments: