Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hey, Were'd It Go?

It disappeared.

What disappeared?

Read my complaint:-

Dear Mr. Clark Hoyt
Public Editor
NYTimes

In a story on the arrival of President Bush in Israel here I read the following:

A sign in a field, visible from his helicopter during the quick flight to Jerusalem, declared, "Hands off Jerusalem," the city whose ultimate status remains among the most difficult issues dividing Israelis and Palestinians.
I even placed it on my blog (with a picture that was taken for me) here.


By the next day, the permalink to the story revealed that that section had been removed.

While I am aware that sometimes edition does occur, it would behoove the NYTimes, from an ethical point of view, to note that elements of a story already published at the web site and afterwards removed should be noted. After all, when corrections are made, the NYT gives notice to its readers on the site that a change has now been included.

I would appreciate hearing from you onthis matter.

Sincerely,

Yisrael Medad
Israel

No comments: