Monday, September 08, 2008

I Fell And Here's Why

Last Friday, I was on "supervisory watch" at my place of employment, the Begin Heritage Center. I left and took a bus to town to pick up some shuq items and got off the bus diagonally opposite the Mashbir L'Tzarchan as with all the construction, it is faster to walk up through the back of Nahla'ot/Knesset Yisrael/Munkacz.

Now, if you observe carefully, you can see two concrete slabs fixed into the sidewalk, one with a water bottle on it and the other, at the top of the picture, in between the two men:


Here's a more clear picture of the second slab. See it?

Well, I didn't.

And so, as I stepped off the bus, with a lot of people walking by (Friday in ndowntown Jerusalem is almost like Grand Central Station), I looked to my right to make sure I wasn't going to bump into some one and then turned to my left.

And fell, tripping over that slab.

And just to assure you, the slabs did not have any identifying marks on them at the time.

Now they look all fine but that's only because I called up 106, the Municipality emergency hot line and informed them that people getting off the bus and well as normal pedestrians cannot see those slabs.

And so, with Israeli ingenuity, they are now clearly visible, right?


Luckily, I slightly bruised my left knee but nothing worse. Although sprawling out of the sidewalk with two bags is not my favorite position.

No comments: