Sunday, October 26, 2008

PM Olmert Promises To Basically Shut Up

Cabinet Communiqué

(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)

At the weekly Cabinet meeting today (Sunday), 26.10.08:

Prime Minister Olmert made the follow remarks: "The Knesset winter session will begin tomorrow. Such events are usually marked by a statement from the prime minister, which focuses on presenting the national agenda as the prime minister sees it ahead of the winter session, and in a normal situation this is as it ought to be. I informed Minister Livni yesterday that tomorrow, I do not intend to make such a speech. I thought that in the current circumstances, this would be incorrect. Therefore, I will make short remarks on socio-economic issues and not those which certainly stand at the base of serious disagreements among the Israeli public, which will continue to top the national agenda but which, in current circumstances, I do not think it proper for me to discuss them."


Whew.

Last time he spoke, he put both feet in his mouth.

1 comment:

Hasbara With Attitude said...

But why do we have any expectation that he will keep davka this promise?