Monday, November 17, 2008

The Siege. No, Not That Of Gaza

According to Haaretz,

European diplomats, speaking on condition of anonymity as a fresh economic offensive on the West Bank settlements has not been officially approved, said Miliband has been trying to muster support in Brussels for tougher implementation of existing customs regulations in the hope that settlements, a core issue in the Israeli-Palestinian dispute, could be placed under a siege that could help hasten their dismantlement.


So, do we call for international solidarity?

Since we can't ask friends to come in by sea on boats from Cyprus, maybe we'll need to dig tunnels?

But, of course, this is a very nasty, immoral approach.

We can't lay siege to Gaza, the Europeans, Sec'y of State Condi Rice, International Solidarists and other loonies claim but they are more than willing to consider Jewish civilian residency as more evil and more responsible for the lack of peace than Arab terror.

1 comment:

Jez said...

I like your blog, I like Israel, I actually went to a yeshiva on the West Bank.

But I still am very unclear on "settlements" and wonder what you reckon - are they all fully justified (ie do the Arabs have literally absolutely no legitimate claims are none of the "settlers" committing an immoral act like some Irish travellers) and should they be permanent? I might want to discuss that but really I just want to hear a clear view.

I think for me the issue is not purely about what land is rightfully Jewish but as in all things does this help or hinder us on Jacob's ladder, ie is it morally totally pure. That's what I always want to know, naively perhaps.