Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Another Set of Meah She'arim Wall Posters

This one, signed by the more ultr-orthodox Rabbis in Jerusalem, including Dushinsky,Fischer, Rabinovitch, Hurwitz and Shternbuch, warns against "dance classes" for women which harm the modesty of women and "can bring about unwanted results". School principals are also alerted to the phenomenon.


The second is an attack on Rabbi Michael (Mordechai Dov) Shudrich who organizes trips to the graves of tzaddikim in Poland who is thought not to be adequatley sensitive and caring for the special kosher diet needs of those travelling of Poland's LOT airlines. He is a guarantor of the kashrut of the food but they claim he has less than adeequate (for them) credentials.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I note that you seem to be derisive of the Aida Chareidis Rabbis and their views. They are merely advising those who follow their teaching and halachic decisions to be careful of things that they deem below halachic standards. To speak derisively and scoffingly of the Raabbis is a severe violation of Jewish Law (e.g., see Chofetz Chaim on the subject). Sorry to see you in this position. larafka18

YMedad said...

a) you're right
b) you're wrong
c) there is a difference between Hashkafa and Halacha and since I don't wear a sthreimel, there are bound to be differences.

Anonymous said...

Sorry YMedad, Halacha and Hashkafa are not the issues that I raised. Of course there are differences and good that there are, so long as they don't violate the Torah. I was talking about scoffing those with whom you disagree. That is the Halachic violation and it is compounded when they are Rabbis. That was my point. Not to defend, although I may agree with them, but to point out my disappointment that I perceived. BTW, I don't wear a shtreimel either but spend a lot of time in Mea Shearim and am treated only with respect, despite my American-style dress. Lafarka18

YMedad said...

You seem to have missed my point. If a Rav promotes his own Hashkafa, i.e., dancing classes for women are a no-no, which is totally unsupportable in Halacha, then I am not scoffing him (which I didn't even if it was Halacha). Did I write anything bad, demeaning, saying a Rav was a nut case? Maybe you have a problem knowing that that poster was an example of extremism for its own sake and nothing Halachic about it?