Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wedding Traditions: Is Your Rabbi's Ordination Essential?

Some people don't quite appreciate my posts launched from the NYTimes' Wedding Section.

Well, you know, this is my blog, my self-expression (I don't draw well) and so, I'll continue but I'll leave out names, okay? That way, people who might feel personally slighted, which not my intent but simply to highlight certain elements of life experience that I find odd, funny or unexplained, according to my outlook, will not need to.

So, today, what did I find?

_________ and ________________ were married Saturday evening at the Four Seasons Hotel in Boston. The Rev. Bassam Abdallah, a Lutheran minister, officiated with Rabbi Seth L. Novoselsky(*) taking part in the ceremony that drew on Jewish and Greek Orthodox traditions.


(*) Odd, here it doesn't mention any Rabbinic ordination. And his outfit is called "Jewish Essentials". An ordination, of any kind, is not essential?

P.S.

Remember, you don't have to know the real names but I do have to provide a source. And in any case, it was the couple's choice to get themselves into the paper.

No comments: