Friday, May 21, 2010

The Naked Nakba Truth

In a "Nakba" story, the BBC quotes one former Jerusalem resident saying:-

"I don't want to throw anyone out on the streets but I have to have people recognise the right to my property...This is my home - and I go out as a stranger. Why? I need someone to explain to me."


Why?

Because your people followed its leadership into a war to eradicate the Jewish state - and lost.

What's so complicated?

The Jewish people were granted the right by an international body, the League of Nations, to reconstitute its historical homeland but first, TransJordan was put off-limits and then in 1937-39, a series of Partition proposals were made which the Jewish leadership was willing to accept in part but rejected by the Arabs.

In 1947, the UN recommended another partition which the Arabs, as noted, rejected.

You don't fool around like that and not expect to pay for your mistakes.

That's the naked Nakba truth.

No comments: