Wednesday, May 26, 2010

That Modern Hareidi Feminine Fashion

I spotted a woman on a bus as I left work to head for the shuq.

She was reading Rebbe Nachman's Tikkun Klali. She even got off at my stop. Lo and behold, she even started walking in the direction I was walking to as I was cutting through behind the HaMashbir store towards the shuq.

I could not avoid my urge to snap a shot of her. As I did not want to intrude into her private space or identity, I took one shot from afar:



and another from just behind:



Yes, that's a semi-burqha outfit.

Her face was uncovered, but that was it.

Her outer clothes were bulky, in layers, many layers, with a shoulder cape and a shawl covering that. Her skirt was ankle-length.


Besides that fashion statement, I am always amazed that Rebbe Nachman's Tikkun was primarily intended for the matter of nocturnal seminal emission. That's a man's problem.


- - -

3 comments:

Risa Tzohar said...

All that just to cover up her tefillin marks?

YMedad said...

or other marks?

mother in israel said...

In Petach Tikva, you can see women dressed like that getting off the bus from Elad.
Good point about the tikkun.
Great comment, Risa!