Sunday, May 16, 2010

Vanessa's Losses

This news item:

Vanessa Redgrave broke down in tears yesterday as she spoke about the recent deaths of her daughter Natasha, brother Corin and sister Lynn.



...Natasha Richardson passed away in March 2009 following a head injury sustained when she fell during a skiing lesson in Quebec.

...Vanessa also lost her brother Corin in April, who died following a long battle with prostate cancer.

She also then had to cope with the death of her sister Lynn of breast cancer earlier this month.


as far as I know, has nothing to do with this information in an interview on CBS:

...a documentary called "The Palestinian," a film produced and bankrolled by Vanessa Redgrave.

"Many people were outraged. You remember what your reaction was?" Wallace asks.

"I didn't know why people were outraged to see a film about the Palestinians," she replies.

Perhaps it was a scene where she danced, wielding a Kalashnikov rifle. Fueling the controversy were her frequent, inflammatory remarks in support of the PLO, and her condemnation of Israel and Zionism.

"Zionism is a brutal, racist ideology. And it is a brutal racist regime," Redgrave said...

..."At the Academy Awards in 1978 you know what you said. Let me repeat it, if I may. 'You should be very proud that in the last few weeks you stood firm and you have refused to be intimidated by the threats of a small bunch of Zionist hoodlums, whose behavior is an insult to the stature of Jews all over the world.'

Remember saying it?" Wallace asks Redgrave.

"Yeah. Do you remember what I added to it, also?" she says.

"Please tell me," Wallace says.

"Well, I said that. And I pledged myself to fight anti-Semitism and fascism for the rest of my life," Redgrave says. "And I think I have."


More info.

No comments: