Sunday, December 12, 2010

JDate Wins

First, I was sent this picture (Kippah tip: RH) :


It purports to show a sign at a famous site - Amuka, the site of the burial tomb of Yonatan Ben-Uzziel - where singles go to beseech for a proper, and worthy, match.

It reads, in translation: "You came all the way to here for a bridegroom?  JDate is more simple" *.

Funny, and then I read this:

Debra Grace Fiterman and Alexander Ron Arbit were married Saturday evening in Minnetonka, Minn. Rabbi Harold J. Kravitz performed the ceremony at the Adath Jeshurun Congregation...

The couple met on their first date, St. Patrick’s Day 2009, though Mr. Arbit had the impression that they had met online about a week earlier.

Ms. Fiterman said that for the previous two years she had been looking for “the man of my dreams” on JDate without success. “I didn’t know what to do and I went to my friend Kara Frank.”

Ms. Frank and her husband had met on the Web site and Ms. Fiterman said she told her: “Well, you had luck. You write these guys on behalf of me.”

Ms. Frank agreed. “She clearly wasn’t cutting it on her own,” Ms. Frank said, adding that she was the one who found Mr. Arbit. “He looked cute. They both have very quirky personalities. He has a fun profile. I sent him a message.”

Her Cyrano de Bergerac gambit almost came undone when Mr. Arbit mentioned a local weatherman that he had discussed with Ms. Frank. “It’s not the channel I watch and I didn’t know what he was talking about,” Ms. Fiterman said...

So, if you play it properly and, with a bit of mazal, you'll get married - even without Amuka.


*RA thinks it should be: It’s easier with JDate.  What think you?

^

1 comment:

Kibi said...

"JDate is simpler" - it's a simple reversal of verb and subject