Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Media Manipulating

A case of media manipulation:

Here's the story -

Huckabee: Palestinians Should Be Resettled In 'Muslim' Territory

...Mike Huckabee told a crowd of Jewish Israelis yesterday that he'd be just as mad as they are if anybody tried to kick him out of America the way Israelis are being asked to not build or live in disputed lands.

"I cannot imagine as an American being told that I could not live in certain places in America because I was Christian, or because I was white, or because I spoke English," Huckabee said. "I would be outraged if someone told me that in my country, I would be prohibited and forbidden to live in a part of that country, for any reason."

Huckabee was attending a cornerstone-laying ceremony for a new neighborhood on the Mount of Olives in east Jerusalem -- a disputed territory in the Middle East that Huckabee says should belong to Israel.

...Palestinians who live in East Jerusalem and the West Bank, Huckabee said, should settle in "territory that [is] in the hands of Muslims, in the hands of Arabs," as determined by the "international community."

The attempt of this media pieced is to convince you that Huckabee supports a transfer of Arabs out of Israel.

But all that he said was that Jews can live where their ancestral heritage was and that Arabs should live in Muslim territory.

In essence, it could be simply a restatement of the Clinton parameters:

...at the Camp David summit in 2000, President Bill Clinton broached an outline for partitioning Jerusalem based on the principle: "What is Jewish to the Jews, what is Palestinian to the Palestinians."

Tricky that.

^

No comments: