Friday, July 29, 2011

This Post is Not Kosher

Take a look, pork slaughtered according to the Beit Yosef which is under the supervision opf Rav Ovadia Yosef:


Here's the bottom line and the whole - non-kosher - story is here:

On Thursday morning, I heard back from Rabbi Luzer Weiss, the director of the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets Kosher Law Enforcement, who e-mailed:

I was at the store this morning and spoke to the manager. He said that this store at no time sells kosher meat and as a matter of fact specializes in pork cuts only. The machine was bought used and had been at the store only a few days. From what was on the label most likely the machine came from a store that sold kosher. He said an employee punched the key to print labels and put the labels the machine printed on the packages. When it was brought to his attention he had a person from where he bought the machine delete the words. The machine now can’t print any kosher labels—I saw it myself this morning and had labels printed which I took with me.

Read it all.
^

No comments: