Tuesday, December 06, 2011

He Came, He Partially Saw, He Might Be Back

Despite it, I found some good items in this story of a Brit out close to us:

Israel trip is no Bank holiday

...Richard Chilvers resigned from his job...[and] went on a two-week trip to the West Bank and is now considering living there...The West Bank is disputed [!!!] land between Israel and the Palestinian Authority.

...“Israelis have some valid security concerns and see themselves as surrounded by people who want to wipe them out [!!!]. But I guess I also understand the ongoing situation for the Palestinian people is a very serious one.”

...“We met some people who haven’t been able to get to Jerusalem for 11 years [???] and children who have to go through checkpoints on their way to school.

“There are plenty of soldiers. I didn’t see any conflict [!!!]but it was very moving.”

...Mr Chilvers, who worships at to St Aldate’s Church, said: “My faith is very important to me [!!!] and it certainly encourages it to help those who are suffering.”

Too bad we couldn't play host to him, if for even a day.

At least the land is "disputed", aka we have claims.

There are valid security issues that need to be addressed.

Faith is a reasonable component of action.

As for the 11 year wait, if I knew the name, I could clarify whether the person is, perhaps, a terrorist. Same for the schoolchildren situation - where did this take place? Hebron?

Not bad, though.

^

No comments: