Sunday, January 29, 2012

Another Reason Not to Eat Ham

Not only is it not kosher but dangerous:-

...Retired fork-lift driver Ronald Burns was tasting the meat at a branch of Sainsbury's during a weekly shopping trip with his wife Vera when a piece became lodged in his throat and he stopped breathing. Unaware that he had started choking, Mrs Burns walked away from the delicatessen counter and carried on with her shopping.

It was only when she wondered why her husband had not followed her that she returned and discovered him on the supermarket floor.

Mrs Burns then watched horrified as staff at the store in Hatch Warren, Basingstoke, Hants, desperately tried to revive her husband of 57 years.  He was taken to hospital, where doctors removed the five centimetre by three centimetre piece of meat.

However the 78-year-old had been starved of oxygen to the brain and died five days later.


No comments: