Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm Fine. Now.

This blog will be 7 years old in some four months or so.  And although my opinions are expressed here, the pictures I take are uploaded here and I even mention my family, by no means to I consider this a 'personal'-type of blog.  I don't chat nor do I tell you what I ate or how I prepared it.  My blogging wife gets noted but for her political blogging.  My son's football-playing and his sports bar, the Lion's Den, do receive attention (and was also referred to this week in the NYTimes) but that, too, is within the framework of what it is and how does it feel to live in Israel and accomplish wonderful things.  Even most of my humorous or satirical pieces, and the Hareidi wall posters, are political in  most ways.

But since I did something last night in a very public way, and have been getting phone calls and messages (thanks especially to CG & EH), well, there I no way I can avoid this.

I was attending the reception tendered by the Knesset Christian Allies Caucus and co-hosted by the World Jewish Congress. *  I had finished my meal and got up to see if there was any dessert I could have when I met R whom I know from her previous work and is now in an important position in government service when, it appears, I fainted.

Yes, although I have no recollection, I simply collapsed.  I was told I even came to but seemed to pass out again.  For how long?  I was told just a few seconds.  I was moved out of the hall with the help of some very good friends, including Drs. LW and MD (as I do not have their permission, they'll be in identified that way for now), who are not medical doctors however, and CM, a media person and someone I don't know who is an army medic.  I regained consciousness quickly although weak, and conceded to requests to be transferred to hospital as they had already called for an ambulance.  My eldest son came to there until he had to go to work.  My wife came in the morning with my tefillin.

Why did I faint?  No one knows.  Shaare Zedek's great medical staff (one doctor who observed me knows a former chanicha of mine in the Betar youth movement who is a senior research physician at SZ's Hematology Unit - small world) found nothing.  Tests came back negative.  Blood count okay.  Heartbeat okay.  Blood pressure fine.

So, either I ate a bit too much.  Or I had one more glass of red wine than I should have imbibed.  Or the lady I was talking to was too pretty.  Or as EV suggested, perhaps all three and the fact that I did not drink enough water during the day yesterday.  And as, after being discharged, I managed to "do shuq", it seems I am fine.  Now.  Although I will be resting today and not at work or at a meeting of IMW's executive board this evening (and I missed the final edit of Eli Pollak's and my Media Comment {that's last week's] piece for tomorrow's Jerusalem Post where I also blog).  Or maybe I work too much?  Naw.

So, to all my family, friends and the men and women who called to inquire, you'll be asked to continue to read this blog to find out what and how I am doing in the coming years, bis a hundret und tzfanzig.

-----------
*
Some of the participants:


And this is MK Dudu Rotem, Chairman of the KCAC (seems my camera was not working properly either, so that's all the photographs I have on the card; my apologies to all the rest I thought I had photographed):




And my wife's blogging on this.

^

7 comments:

Juniper in the Desert said...

God bless you and keep you well, Yisrael Medad! And may you live for 125 years!! :))

aribenyam said...

Refuah Shlemah!

David Wilder said...

Take care of yourself - we still need you.
(If it was because she was too pretty, please point her out to me next time so I make sure not to look. Don't want to faint too.)

Batya said...

obviously it was the dessert, just thinking about it,

Anonymous said...

Winkie, take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

May you be in good health!!

Anonymous said...

feel good and take care of yoself....u have a whole lot of work ahead of u in the next 60y or so:)