Thursday, March 01, 2012

Jabotinsky on Arabs by Jabotinsky

Ze'ev Jabotinsky, the grandson, on Ze'ev Jabotinsky, the grandfather, on Arabs, and Supreme Court Justioce Joubran, here:

...The entire Likud movement would do well to unite behind Ya’alon’s remarks, if it claims to continue in the footsteps of my grandfather (Ze’ev Jabotinsky).

My grandfather concluded his most territorial and nationalistic poem (“The East Bank of the Jordan,” or as it is also popularly known, “Two Banks to the Jordan”) with the following words:

From the wealth of our land there shall prosper
The Arab, the Christian, and the Jew,
For our flag is a pure and just one
It will illuminate both sides of my Jordan.

Two Banks has the Jordan –
This is ours and, that is as well.

My two hands I have dedicated to the homeland,
My two hands to sword and shield.
Let my right hand whither
If I forget the East Bank of the Jordan.

Two Banks has the Jordan –
This is ours and, that is as well.


Justice Joubran did a good job in balancing his own private views while respecting the state and the general consensus. It may have been better if his associates had chosen to keep quiet and left his opponents behind a wall of respectable silence.

.

^

No comments: