Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Just Like in pre-Nazi Germany

I know our left-wing "friends" don't like comparisons with the holocaust or Nazis.

Nevertheless, although I was involved in this case almost immediately because Ronen and Eli were founding members of Israel's Media Watch in Haifa.

Re-reading it leaves one with the impression that this is how it must have been in Germany in the late 1920s and early 1930s when the Nazis were going at the Communists, only to better prepare for the Jews. Or in Italy under Mussolini after his Rome March.

Here's an excerpt:-

Belated Justice For Haifa's Land of Israel Activists

After eight years of police foot-dragging, a left-wing Meretz activist has been sentenced to a year in jail and three years suspended sentence for attacking right-wing activists in Haifa in 1998...

...then attacked Dr. Buchbinder, after he tried to prevent a scuffle with a fellow activist who had accidentally dislodged one of the Meretz banners. He was punched in the face and kicked mercilessly once he hit the ground. “I remember myself on the pavement with three or four hooligans beating me without respite,” Dr. Buchbinder told the B’Sheva newspaper. “I completely panicked. Everything around me became foggy. I tried to defend myself in one place and just to be beaten in another one. They deliberately aimed their blows mostly at my face. My entire body went into shock, numb and completely powerless. I felt like I was being lynched, that there was no chance I would emerge from this alive. It continued for a while longer – them just beating and kicking me with all their might, with intense burning anger. It wasn’t a scuffle; they fully intended to kill me.”


The fact that the attackers were Arabs is irrelevant except for the fact that the Jewish lefties were true to their paternalism, leaving the Arabs to do the dirty work, probably because they thought "well, that's how they normally behave, no?".

No comments: