Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spitzer to See Rabbi? Wonkette to See Hate Crimes Investigator?

Sources: Spitzer Resignation Expected

Gov. Eliot Spitzer was not expected to continue as governor and may resign sometime Monday evening, sources told CBS 2 shortly after it was reported that he was linked to a prostitution ring...The news sets off one of the largest scandals in modern New York state political history.

During a news conference Monday afternoon, Spitzer, 48, apologized to his family and the public, but did not go as far as to explain why. "I have acted in a way that violates my obligations to my family and violates my sense of right and wrong," he said in a brief statement. "I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard I expected of myself.

"I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family," he said alongside his wife, Silda Wall Spitzer, who was visibly upset as he spoke.

The couple has three daughters together.

The announcement not only shook up New York's political infrastructure, but political pundits who took to heart Spitzer's promise that he'd keep corruption and scandal out of Albany were stunned to learn of the news...

"This is one of the most intelligent, brightest elected officials in the region. You don't change governors of New York lightly, and I think it would be a mistake to act precipitously," political consultant Joseph Mercurio told CBS 2.

"I think first things first, he has to resolve his relationship with his wife. He has to look to his rabbi and make personal decisions first," Mercurio said "It's really initially up to him before the rest of us react."


So, what does Wonkette write (the blog site Ihad a big run in last year over my claim that they slid into antisemitism over their not-funny "Jewliani" remark):

Ruh roh, New York Governor Eliot Spitzer is a master of whores! A Hebrew pimp?


And in reviewing the site of the ring Spitzer used, Wonkette had this:-

This lady is Skyler. Apparently, we'll "appreciate her energetic enthusiasm for life and passionate harmony," which means something. Did Eliot Spitzer enjoy Skyler's passionate harmony, or does he go for Jew broads exclusively?


Anyone want to help trim Wonkette's sails?

1 comment:

Suzanne Pomeranz said...

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.